Main Purpose of Job
• Working as part of the centralized Global Support Services team, manage the area on Marine Data Collection for Inchcape customers ensuring that the process operates in a timely and accurate manner, so that Inchcape Shipping Services meets or exceeds its delivery commitment to its customers.
• Determine the objectives for the team to meet to achieve the operational expectations.
• Consistently provide excellent customer service to our customers.
• Build relationships with our customers external and internal.
• Lead a data management team, managing the entire process.
• Ensure that all procedures and processes are followed and completed to the highest possible service delivery standard.
• Be the conduit between the customer and the local performing office.
• Understand the Companies capabilities and effectively communicate these to the customer.
• Ensure that any customer issues are dealt with in an efficient and expeditious manner in accordance with the Companies Quality Manual.
• Manage workload of the Marine Data Collection team efficiently meet customer delivery commitments in a timely, accurate and consistent manner.
• Communicate with all internal and external stake holders to ensure that marine data is effectively sourced, accurate and consistently delivered.
• Develop the team, managing their performance, setting their objectives and development plans.
• Monitor and mentor the team’s performance resolving any issues and challenges.
• Prepare and submit reports as required by the management.
• Manage the resources to deliver marine data in a consistent, accurate and timely manner
• Lead process improvement tasks that enhance production and delivery to our customers
• Effectively solve problems where marine data is not flowing smoothly potentially putting in place alternate processes to capture marine data.
• Deliver process improvements to further streamline the data capture and share process.
• Develop and grow the business through potential integration with other applications such as World of Ports, Optic, to add value to the Inchcape value proposition.
• Master's Degree not mandatory.
• Degree/ Diploma in shipping will be preferred.
Employment type — Full-Time
Drivers licence required — No
Your details will be removed from our database six months after this vacancy expires. If you are not shortlisted for this vacancy and would like to be kept on our database for other potential vacancies please upload your CV here.
If you have applied for this career opportunity and you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider that you have not been shortlisted for the role.