Main Purpose of Job:
- The role of the marketing analyst is to infer informative and meaningful shipping insights from documents / websites, whilst also decoding, enhancing and interpreting the data based on their set tasks and objectives.
- Data analysis and reporting of shipping / port - news, bunkers, port costs & performance.
- Vetting, validating the data and capturing the same in application.
- Understanding, interpreting and capturing data-driven insights into ISS shipping Intelligence application.
- Presenting to larger audiences and answering challenging queries
- Evaluating, recommending, and helping to make and implement insight-driven decisions, improvements and experiments
- Building trends based on data
- Able to write up articles based on the data / available
Port Terminal and berth Information / Port Cost / Performance
- Collect port data (General information, parameters, restrictions, local regulations, cargo work, navigation etc.) from various sources including but not limited to Local agents, published documents, Port websites and any other available open sources
- Verify the alerts / trends generated by the BI system for accuracy and approval
- Analyze the information, Vet the data and add / update the business intelligence system.
- The data shall need to interpreted into different format and reports as required by the system requirement.
- Act as the key point of contact and person responsible for assigned clients for providing the information requested.
- Analyze the port cost for ships based on cargo, size and terminal using the data from documents, ERP system (OPTIC) and update the Port cost calculator system for automating the cost calculation.
- Analyze the port performance for ships based on cargo, size and terminal using the data from documents, ERP system (OPTIC) and update the Port performance for a port call duration, cargo operation rates etc.
Port call and Commodity Movements
- Update the vessel port call (vessel calls in ports) in the system populated by AIS by using mails, websites and other open sources of data, with special consideration to the cargo, quantity and stake holder information’s.
- update the commodity flow module by analyzing and updating the information from various sources like the UNCTAD and different customs websites (open sources)
- Prepare periodic reports for clients and internal stake holders
- Co-ordinate with clients for their market information and use available resources internally and externally for obtain the same
- Collect and update shipping market news, trends, key events etc. from both internal and external sources
- Provide the stake holders with reports and vital trends to help the commercial team and external customers with making business decisions
- Shipping degree or equivalent business qualification.
- Knowledge of basic shipping terms.
- MS office products
Employment type — Full-Time
Drivers licence required — No