We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager in our Operations team.
- In depth understanding of port agency operations and market dynamics of the shipping industry
- 10+ years of experience in Port Operations or Shipboard Operations with at least 3 years at a Managerial role.
What you’ll do:
- Operations excellence of all business streams in South Asia, develop and implement operations processes and procedures in South Asia Area, aligned to Global operations policies, to vastly improve service delivery and reduce cost to serve.
- Implement appropriate safety and controls to adhere to group policy and local statutory requirements.
- Establish a fully functional Marine Survey & Inspection (MS&I) department in India to start with and later in other countries of South Asia.
- Travel throughout the Area, taking the necessary initiatives to ensure that the Operations are meeting the QHSSE standards and delivering high quality service.
- Ensure service delivery of all applicable product lines are as per agreed Service Level Agreements and ISS Standards across the Area.
- Working closely with Commercial, pursue and win Area commercial opportunities for MS&I, improved pricing, and product development.
- Review policies along with Area GM-South Asia to ensure they are in line with local legislation and group policy.
- Engage with MS&I customers to grow share of market and drive revenue.
Who you are:
- Relevant Marine Services and or Port operations experience in the Area
- Excellent understanding of Quality/Compliance & HSSE regulations
- Promote and share best practices in Area & Regional transformation initiatives.
- Act as an ambassador for Marine Services Operations, facilitating process change or transition of activities.
- Build key stake-holder relationships with MS&I clients in South Asia.
- Implement Area transformation initiatives as agreed with the Area GM-South
Degree in Nautical science or a related Marine Service field, is desirable
Employment type — Full-Time
Drivers licence required — No