Reporting to the VP – Product Management, the Product Manager is responsible for working very closely with the Business to create and maintain the Product Vision, drawing directly from the Business Strategy.
The Product Manager owns the Backlog management process for their technology products, ensuring a complete set of prioritised and estimated requirements ready for development or work to be completed. In line with the Product Backlog, the Product Manager is responsible for maintaining both internal and external Product Roadmaps.
To ensure successful releases, the Product Manager is responsible for collaboratively defining and overseeing the Release Plan and general Release Management of their technology products in line with other Products in the estate.
- Build a significant level of trust between stakeholders involved in all product decisions to allow the Product Team to efficiently complete their roles.
- Guide a cross-functional team in overall management of the product lifecycle.
- Work closely with business and IT stakeholders to define and maintain Product Vision based on Business Strategy for your technology products.
- Support the business in definition of new products and service offerings.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the marketplace your products operate within including competitor offerings and capabilities to identify opportunities for validation with business owners to feed back in to product vision and strategy.
- Contribute to the ISS Product Management framework for managing incoming requirements, backlog prioritization and roadmap publication across all products. Ensure strict adherence to the framework for your technology products.
- Maintain a complete, business aligned, prioritized Product backlog ready for work or development to be completed.
- Agree and manage release plans and release management processes for your products.
- Ensure close collaboration with Architecture and delivery functions to ensure a holistic approach to product development.
- Provide clear and unambiguous guidance to commercial functions around product capability and roadmap. Provide support in bid processes, demonstrations and education of the technology products in your care.
- Maintain a holistic view of Product Profit / Loss and business benefit.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand business and IT strategy, ensuring product vision and roadmap mirrors and supports.
- Own and manage the Prioritized Product Backlog supported by the Business Owner
- Own and manage Product Roadmaps, aligned with other Products and published both internally and externally as required.
- Contribute to the Business Design process
- Own and maintain product release plans and release management
- Support commercial in marketing of products
- 3+ years of experience in a job in the Product/Business Analyst or Project Management area.
- MBA, Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or similar or equivalent work experience
Employment type — Full-Time
Drivers licence required — Yes