Main Purpose of Job
The IT Architecture team is responsible for supporting the planning, designing and development of the new and existing core products to support various lines of business at ISS.
The Technical Solutions Architect is responsible for designing, creating, deploying and managing ISS’s solutions. This role holder defines how the solutions will be proposed, recommended, implemented and managed by different stakeholders within IT & Business. The solutions must be cost-effective delivering business requirements aligned with IT Architecture, Products and Project Principles and Frameworks. The position will:
- Provide technical designs and solutions.
- Collaboratively maintain & propose changes to the design / architectural / technology standards, principles, framework and governance around it.
- Ensuring architectural standards, governance, principles are implemented effectively by auditing assigned IT programs, projects, products and small works.
- Optimization of IT deliverables for business value realization with reusability of solutions, architectural building blocks & components, designs and standardization.
- Review new designs against architectural standards and business requirements.
- Ensure Business Impact Assessment / Business Continuity & DR processes, standards and resilience is tested and meet the business requirements as agreed with business.
- Assess new technology for adoption and implementation within Inchcape.
Lifecycle management from emerging technology from Innovation department through to end of life.
- Collaboratively working with IT teams, Technology & Development Partners teams to guide them and vet ALL IT solutions. Solutions developed through breadth and depth of various areas like application, data, infrastructure, software, technical architecture etc. using technologies viz. AWS services, Integration platform (Dell Boomi), Microsoft technologies and/or any similar.
- Provide cost effective solutions that is fit-for-purpose for ISS.
- Maintain and enhance technology standards to facilitate producing fast & robust solutions.
- Identify and assess new technology for potential adoption within ISS
- Help establish framework and governance for business partner / relationship management, outcomes include:
- Assist in feasibility study & proof of concept for the given opportunities for IT to add value.
- Proactive identification and management of architectural & design related issues.
- Aligning architecture with the business & IT Strategy, Vision and Mission and product framework & methodology.
- Minimize shadow IT.
- Creation, management and governance of tech bricks, tech debt etc. around Hardware and Software used in both production and non-production environments.
- Act as a technical go to person across ALL IT Work Streams.
- Ensure Technological & architectural reusability.
- Solutions Architecture for the assigned programs, projects & products work streams.
- Effective implementation and governance of technology standards across IT (tech bricks and other IT Architecture Artefacts based on required IT deliverables).
- Effective implementation of DR process aligning all systems.
- Implementation of Lifecycle Management of Solutions Design & Solutions Architecture that is fit for ISS.
- Ongoing monitoring of matrix to ensure development meets defined designs & architectures
- Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Demonstrable history of competently using Cloud technologies like AWS (mandatory), Azure (optional but value add).
- Experience migrating On-premise to Cloud environments.
- Run / part of large sized global IT Architecture Team.
- Experience of, and assisted in, the implementation and optimisation of DR processes and procedures
- 10+ Years of experience in an IT Technical Lead position, Run / part of large sized global IT Architecture Team.
- Practical experience (5+ years) of designing and engineering cloud native application with AWS (mandatory), Azure (optional but value add).
- Understanding the difference between Business and IT, being able to speak with both worlds effectively
- Practical experience with development technologies, preferably .Net and .Net Core
- Strong understanding of SDLC, development team roles, engineering processes (Requirements Management, versions strategy, QA etc) and practical experience of tools supporting it (e.g. TeamCity, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket etc.)
- Good understanding of project management methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Scaled Agile, SAFe, ITIL etc)
- Experience in DevOps, Production Support
- Rich experience with web-based application (preferably with high load, high availability, fault tolerance requirements in place)
- Influencing and negotiation skills and ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Highly adaptable, strong prioritization and ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
Employment type — Full-Time
Drivers licence required — No