News & Media
03 February, 2020
CORONAVIRUS - LATEST UPDATE 03 FEB 2020 AUSTRALIA
Dear Valued Customer,
We would like to provide you with all the notices we have received up to date from the Australian Government Departments, Port Authorities and Terminals around Australia.
Australian Government - Department of Health
Each document can be found in the link provided
You may find more information from the Australian Government - Department of Health website: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov
Australian Border Force
- Restrictions On Entry To Australia By Aircraft Relating To The Novel Coronavirus – attached Update#1 - 02 February 2020
- Restrictions on entry to Australia relating to the Novel Coronavirus – attached Advise to Travellers – Effective 01 February 2020
- Restrictions on entry to Australia relating to the Novel Coronavirus for Cruise Ships – Effective 01 February 2020 (attached)
- Darwin Port – advised on 31 January 2020
In order for Darwin Port to be better informed of the risk posed to Port personnel by ships coming from China, we request that the ‘Biosecurity Status Document’ for such ships be provided to the Port 96 to 48 hours before arrival.
Please use the shipping email firstname.lastname@example.org
Queensland Government - General Restrictions
- Maritime Safety Queensland (MSQ) - Novel Coronavirus – MSQ VTS Direction (as per attached)
In summary, for commercial vessels “Queensland’s Vessel Traffic Services (VTS) will require all foreign trading ships scheduled to arrive at Queensland ports or picking up a Reef Pilot to provide the following information until further notice.
- Report if any Crew Member or passenger has visited Hubei Province, China within the past 14 days;
- Report if any Crew Member or passenger has visited mainland China since 1 February 2020;
- Report if any Crew Member or passenger is showing any of the Novel Coronavirus symptoms that include fever, flu-like symptoms cough, sore throat, headache or difficulty breathing.
Ships MUST provide this information to VTS 2-3 hours prior to embarking a Pilot and/or going to anchor, and with the Reef VTS Pre-Entry report (1 hour prior to entering the Reef VTS area).
Any crew member identified as having visited Hubei Province, China within the past 14 days OR having visited mainland China since 1 Feb will be asked report to the Captain and to self-isolate on board the vessel for the period of their stay in the Australian port or for a period that spans 14 days since leaving the province or mainland China (whichever is shortest). Such crew members are not to have personal interaction with Australian based maritime industry staff.”
Cairns – As per MSQ and Cruise Line Industry Association (CLIA) Restrictions
Townsville – As per MSQ Restrictions
- DBCT: Agents are permitted to attend vessels berthing at DBCT. However, DBCT recommends that Agents do not attend vessels Originating from China or with crew coming from China.
- Please see attached DBCT Information.
- Mackay Diamond Limousines and Stella Maris: Until further notice, request that when crew changes are facilitated:
- A call ahead of time is made to the Shipping Officer or Supervisor in the instance that the Shipping Officer is not available
- All crew changes are facilitated via the Berth Access Ladders and NOT the Ship-loader Access Ladders
- HayPoint: No formal notice
- Mackay: see attached NQBP Response Coronavirus
- Abbot Point – request to provide a copy of Form 3b, Form 13 and any sign-on/off forms for each vessel calling at Abbot Point. It would be appreciated if the forms were received at least 72 hours prior to berthing.
All ports have requested ABF Forms 13 and 3b to be forwarded.
New South Wales
- Port Authority of New South Wales advised on 02 February 2020 – attached ‘Port Authority of NSW Corona Virus’
- Masters of all ships due to arrive at our ports are required to declare their last 5 ports of call and confirm that they have no crew members showing symptoms of the novel coronavirus on-board;
- Where novel coronavirus is evident, our employees will not be required to board the vessel; and,
- Port Authority will delay pilotage services to ships that have transited directly from China, which have been at sea for less than the 14-day quarantine period.
As per National Restrictions
South Australian, Port Authority advised :
- Flinders Port has requested the following information to be reported via the Port Agents:
- Ships with Chinese crew
- Ships visiting from China
This will help Flinders Port to review and evaluate any precautionary measures for our pilots and other resources which interact with these vessels.
As per National Restrictions
- Southern Ports (Albany – Bunbury – Esperance) 02 Febraury 2020
All foreign trading ships scheduled to arrive at Southern Ports are to provide the following information to the Harbour Master/Pilot (2 hours prior to embarking a Pilot) until further notice;
- Report if any Crew Member or Passenger has visited China in the past 14 days; If less than 14 days then the crew or passenger are to remain on board whilst in port i.e. 14 days self-isolation similar to the attached advice
- Report if any Crew Member or Passenger is showing any of the Novel Coronavirus symptoms that include fever, flu-like symptoms cough, sore throat, headache or difficulty breathing
If the answer is yes, the State and Federal agencies will be notified. Any such ships will either be directed back to sea, or proceed to anchor until assessed and cleared by appropriate government qualified personnel
Standard procedures remain in place for managing maritime crew and travellers should they display symptoms of illness prior to, or on arrival, into Australia, through Federal pre-arrival reporting mechanisms
- AMSA, Geraldton advised on 30 January 2020:
- As AMSA precaution, for any vessel coming from China(Hong Kong and Taiwan included) could you confirm to me once the vessel has been cleared by Quarantine. AMSA may board the mentioned vessels only after confirmation is received.
- AMSA requested to receive copy of Ship Pre-Arrival Report Form 13
- BHP request vessel to submit crew list with date and place crew joined vessel and if they been in China and have any flue like symptoms.
Trust this assists and will advise further information as it becomes available.
Australia Corona Virus Advice