News & Media
04 March, 2019
Market Intelligence - Australian Coal Report
Good afternoon valued customers
Please see below, this week’s coal reports for week 9, 24th February to 02nd March and for what lays ahead.
Please note following key issues for each state.
- Vessel volumes in week 9 down on previous week due to DBCT maintenance and interruptions related to swell at Hay Point & DBCT.
- Upcoming CQCN maintenance shutdowns for all Networks
- Current & upcoming coal terminal berth/ship-loader maintenance for Abbot Point, DBCT, Haypoint BMA & RG TANNA.
- Abbot Point, DBCT & RG TANNA all undergoing some maintenance in the coming week.
- Strong wind warning in place for HayPoint, DBCT and Gladstone Terminals today and tomorrow.
- In the news: Public hearing begins for Bill put forward by the Greens which aims to ban coal mining in the Galilee Basin.
- In the news: 8 North West councils throw support behind Galilee Basin coal mining
- In the news: Charges laid against protestor at Abbot Point
- In the news: Qld coal royalties to surge beyond government estimates
New South Wales
- Low vessel volumes in week 9, due to lower stockpiles following rail network shutdown the previous week and closure of PWCS Carrington from 22/Feb.
- HVCCC weekly report
- Ship-loader / Berth maintenance programme for PWCS
- HVCCC maintenance plan and 2019 ARTC closedown plan
- Next ARTC shutdown March 8 @ 5:00 pm - March 11 @ 8:00 am
- Port Waratah Coal Service’s Carrington shutdown from 22/Feb to 6/Mar.
- Port Kembla Coal terminal will be closed for maintenance 0700hrs 04/Mar until 1900hrs 07/Mar
- Strong wind warning in place for Newcastle and Port Kembla coal Terminals today.
- In the news: Newcastle coal prices remain flat as China delays imports
- In the news: Yancoal more than triples profit, unveils special dividend
- In the news: Port Kembla Coal Terminal lock out continues for another nine days
As usual there are two reports, one for the Queensland market and another for the New South Wales market.
Within each of the attached reports there are links to further information which can be accessed by clicking links where indicated within the reports.
We trust you will find value in same and we look forward to receive any feedback with respect to the reports and whether any further info could be included in order to further the value to you.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.
ISS Australia - Queensland Coal Report 04 March 2019
ISS Australia - NSW Coal Report 04 March 2019
Regional General Manager - Queensland
T +61 (0) 7 3032 8501
M +61 (0) 403 380 111