The Suez Canal Authority (SCA) announced that it will raise the transit fees for ships passing through the canal by 5-15%, effective from 15 January 2024.
According to the SCA’s statement, the regular transit fees will increase by 15% for the following types of ships:
- Crude Oil Tankers
- Petroleum Product Tankers
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) Carriers
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Carriers
- Chemical tankers and other liquid bulk tankers
- Vehicles Carriers
- Cruise Ships
- Special Floating Units
The SCA also said that the regular transit fees will increase by 5% for these types of ships:
- Dry Bulk Vessels
- General Cargo Vessels
- Roll-On/Roll-Off (RO/RO) Vessels
- Other Vessels
However, SCA will exclude from the increase the container ships coming directly from northwest European ports and heading directly to Far Eastern ports, as long as they meet the conditions specified in Circular No. 8 of 2023.