NEW – Advisory No. A-43-2023 – Modifications to the Rules that Govern the Transit Reservation System.
Effective November 1st, 2023 – the following rules will apply:
- A new booking condition will be implemented, named condition 5. While this condition is in effect Panamax plus vessel will not be allowed to transit.
- Daily capacity will be adjusted to 31 vessels per day instead of the currently reduced capacity of 32 vessels per day.
- Once new Period 1 is in effect, NO reservations will be allowed for dates between 365 and 91 days prior to the booking date. No substitutions, swaps, or changes in dates will be allowed for dates where the period is unavailable.
- Slots that are cancelled or released for dates that are unavailable (between 365 and 91 days prior to the booking date) will be blocked and will become available once the new Period 1 opens 90 days prior to the booking date.
- The Special Booking Period (730 to 366 days) will remain available to passenger vessels only.
- The slots on the Booking Period 3 will be offered through AUCTIONS ONLY, seven days prior to the booking date (Panamax and Neopanamax vessels).
- The priority given to full containers during booking periods 2 and 3 announced in Advisory to Shipping A-35-2023 will be suspended effective November 1, 2023.
Inchcape is hosting a webinar that will focus on the current situation with the Panama Canal, provide useful insights for users of the canal and look at possible future developments.
The webinar will run twice on Wednesday 4th October 2023 at the following times: