Panama Canal Authority announced that effective August 8, 2023, Booking Condition 3 will be in effect for the Panamax Locks.
Under this condition, the number of slots available for:
- Super vessels: will be reduced to 10.
- Regular vessels: will be reduced to 4.
***This condition will remain in effect until August 21, 2023. Applications while this condition is in effect will begin at 0900 hours, Saturday, August 5, 2023.
Auctions for Panamax vessels:
- The special auction slots will remain at two (2) for supers and one (1) for regular vessels.
- The extraordinary auction for the Panamax Locks will be suspended during this period.
Neopanamax vessels. Slots availability in normal periods remains unchanged.
Auctions for Neopanamax vessels:
- The extraordinary auctions for booking dates between August 8, 2023 and August 21, 2023 will be suspended.
- The daily auction offered 7 days prior to transit date and the special auction will continue to be offered.
The ACP may announce additional changes to the Transit Reservation System to ensure a safe and efficient operation of the Canal.
We strongly encourage all customers to make use of Transit Reservation System to reduce the possibility of extensive delays.
If you have any questions, please email ISSPanama@iss-shipping.com