|Cape Flattery, Cooktown, Port Douglas, Cairns, Mourilyan.
|Severe weather conditions
A tropical cyclone warning has been issued by the Bureau of Meteorology for Far North Queensland.
Cyclone Jasper, currently a category 1, is expected to intensify and cross the coast as a category 2 cyclone on Wednesday, bringing gale-force winds and heavy rainfall. The warning is in place between Cooktown and Townsville, including Cairns, Innisfail, and Palm Island, but not including Townsville.
Residents as far south as Mackay are being warned to brace for damaging winds, and the cyclone is forecasted to make landfall between Cape Flattery and Cardwell. Communities in the warning zone are advised to prepare for the impact of the cyclone, including possible power outages, internet and water supply disruptions, and the potential for isolated communities.
The warning also includes a severe weather warning for damaging winds in specific districts. Queensland Fire and Emergency Services have cautioned residents about the potential impacts of the cyclone, and preparations are underway.
- Mackay Region. Ports remain open / Terminals are open however not operational.
- Abbot Point. MV Aeolian departed: 0928 / 10-Dec and no more vessels have been scheduled. Next possible berthing would be Cape vessel.
- Hay Point. MV CAPE ELIANTO Departed: 0627 / 10-Dec and no more vessels have been scheduled.
- DBCT. MV Cape Verde Departed: 9/12 and at this stage are targeting new berthing’s from midday Wednesday 13/12. Cape sized vessels are the only vessel class that may be considered based on current forecasts.
- Mackay. MT Torm Amorina Departed: 1606 / 10-Dec. Next vessel scheduled to berth at Mackay Harbour Vigor SW 12/12 subject to weather conditions.