The canal has announced changes to their tariffs and new surcharges.
The Panama Canal Authority has released the following linked advisory which includes a number of new tariffs or surcharge changes including:
- Change in the water surcharge formula (0 to 10 as opposed to 1 to 10%)
- Changes in the pre-booked transit date (effectively clarification on the charges)
- Swaps of vessels which are both pre-booked after the first attracts a percentage of the pre-booking fee as opposed to a flat amount (prior)
- Substitution of a non-pre-booked vessel into a pre-booked vessel slot, based on time out attracts a fee from 500USD (more than 21 days) to a percentage of the pre-booking amount (closer to the date than 20 days)
- Cancellation of auctions
- There is some change to the pre-booking amount / auction minimum for “days of high demand”, it is expected clarification will come closer to the start of the surcharge
- Just in time arrival transit modifications to fees
- Advancement of transit date of a pre-booked vessel at the request of the vessel
- Basket of new surcharges
- Port captain inspection
- Emergency equipment surveillance services
- Disruption charges
- Approval of vessel plans
If you have any questions, please email ISSPanama@iss-shipping.com and we will field them to the canal through the communication period; the below is drafted as in place from 1st Jan 2023.